We believe that God is the Creator of all things, a God of providence, and the Author of our salvation through Jesus Christ. [Gen. 1:1-31 ], [ John 3:16 ]
We believe in Jesus Christ as the divine Son of God, and only through Him can we attain salvation. [ John 14:6 ], [ John 3:16
We believe in the Holy Spirit, who was sent by the Father and the Son to bring to individuals the redemption of Jesus Christ. We believe in His personality as set forth in the scriptures, that He loves, searches, testifies, guides, empowers, and intercedes for the saints. [John 14:26, 15:26, 16:13, Acts 1:8 ]
Although not perfectly attained in our ministry, we hope these values will define and shape who we are and help us become a church that consistently brings honor and glory to God. Beliefs are not worth much unless they are translated into actions. Based on what the Bible teaches, we feel very strongly about the following nine practices:
1. Bible - We believe the Bible is the inerrant and inspired Word of God, and that it is authoritative and applicable to every part of our lives. Teaching from God's Word will be a regular part of any corporate gathering at Light In The Valley Chapel
2. Worship - We believe God delights in Worship; therefore we are committed to provide an atmosphere which encourages authentic, holistic worship that honors and glorifies God.
3. Prayer - We believe that the prayers of righteous men and women are powerful and effective. We must bathe everything we do in our personal lives and the life of the church in prayer.
4. Holiness - We believe that holiness of the heart and life is the highest calling of the Lord on our lives. We believe the Holy Spirit enables us to live lives pleasing to the Lord therefore we will seek to honor the Lord in everything we say and do.
5. Community - We believe that our church is a loving community of believers united and committed toward developing the characteristics of Christ. As a church we must maintain a spirit of unity in accomplishing our vision and mission.
6. Missions & Evangelism - We believe that all people matter to God and that He has called the church to introduce people to Christ. We will provide opportunities to cultivate relationships with unbelievers and share Christ with friends, family, community and the world
7. Empowering Leadership - We believe that God has blessed each believer with spiritual gifts which will enhance the ministry of the church. We are committed to helping people discover their gifts and provide opportunity for training, development and growth.
8. Excellence with Integrity - We believe the work of God requires our best. We are committed to honoring and glorifying God with our resources of time, money and abilities. Regular evaluation and review will ensure accountability.
9. Marriage & Family - We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male and female, and that these two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God
We believe God created marriage to be exclusively the union of one man and one woman, and that intimate sexual activity is to occur exclusively within that union Genesis 2:24, Matthew 19:4-6, Mark 10:6-9